Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Life is never boring!

As the mom to two young sons, life is never boring! I heard an awesome quote about boys recently. I don't know where it originated, but there is a whole lot of truth to it!! If you keep them busy they do great, but if you let them get bored they will disassemble your house board by board! I know that is definitely true around our house!

Sammy and Ian found a perfect opportunity to disassemble while I was in the shower last week. We have foam tile letters as the flooring in our playroom. They not only pulled it up, but they also pulled all of the letters out and even popped out the little pieces inside the A's, B's, etc. It was a mess! I have been working diligently to get it all put back together. It is sure a job! I told Sammy that he couldn't go into the playroom for 3 days while I worked on putting it back together. He started sobbing and said, "For 100 years?!?" I told him that I said 3 days. He exclaimed, "Is that LONGER than 100 years?!?!?" He was too cute!!

We are busy, busy, busy! The Christmas season is in full swing. Dan and I are currently working on making costumes for "The One and Only Original Christmas Factory." That is the children's musical that we decided to do this year at church. I am playing the role of "Nannie O." the sweet little old lady that runs that factory. It should be a lot of fun! Dan isn't helping actually MAKE the costumes, but he is watching the kids so that I can make them! That is probably the biggest help of all! I am truly blessed to have a husband that loves his kids and enjoys spending time with them. My dad is building the set. I can't wait to see it! He is so good to go along with my crazy ideas!! We went to Lowe's and got all of the supplies that we needed and he is at home building like crazy.

Well, I better go see what adventures Sammy and Ian have in store for me today!

No comments: